Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vasuki Sunkavalli is Miss Universe India 2011

26-year old Vasuki Sunkavalli won the I Am She contest and will now represent India at the Miss Universe contest this year.

Popularly known as Vasuki, this 26-year old from Hyderabad was crowned Miss Universe India 2011 on Friday evening. Vasuki Sunkavalli spends most of her time in Delhi and is a popular model, and is confident that she will make India proud at the Miss Universe contest.

View the 'I Am She' contestants photo gallery.

Former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen’s production company Tantra Entertainment holds the I Am She contest to select the Indian representative to the Miss Universe contest. Starting this year the 'I Am She' pageant will also select the contestants for Miss Globe International and Miss Asia Pacific.

23-year-old fashion designer Parul Duggal was crowned the I Am She Globe International 2011, and 19-year-old Tanvi Singla was crowned the I Am She Asia Pacific 2011.

"In this competition, I met a lot of people from different parts of the country and from different professions. That was very interesting. I am very confident, hopeful and determined that I will bring the crown back. I will give it my best," said Vasuki.

All three beauties will represent India at the International beauty pageants this year; and if that was not enough to make their day special, they were each awarded a cash prize. Vasuki Sunkavalli will take home Rs 200,000 and Parul and Tanvi will take home Rs 100,000 each.

Earn upto Rs. 9,000 pm checking Emails. Join now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...